- High strength plastics with no electrical interference
- 45 degree angling for optimum antenna placement
- Light weight due to hollow internal structure
- High resolution 3D printed
- Symmetrical profile
- Weight per set (2pcs) : 1.5gr
The carbon fuselages used in DLG/HLG are not the best environment to ensure full receiver range. Furthermore the space in a F3K glider makes it very hard to ensure the proper angle on the antennas. The best solution is to place the antennas outside the fuselage, but this makes them very susceptible to fatigue and failure due to handling on the ground and wind vibration in the air. During flight the unsupported antennas will be forced against the fuselage, due to the airspeed.
We are proud to present the F3K Antenna wings. This product is designed to cause a little added drag to the model as possible, while at the same time ensuring the proper angle on the antennas. The antennas are extremely well protected inside the wings, and the hollow structure of the wings keep the weight to an absolute minimum.
The antenna wing are 3D printed in a strong ABS plastic with no radio signal interference properties. Due to the hollow structured core the total weight is just 0.75g per wing. Inside the wing a small tube keeps the antenna straight and true. The printing of the wings takes place with a layer-thickness of just 0.1mm, ensuring the best possible surface on the wings.
The wing have been lightly sanded to remove the worst tool marks on the surface. Due to the complex shape and size of the wings, the sanding is done by hand to ensure an even sanding. The wings can fairly easily be sanded and polished to an mirror finish before installation in the model. In the product pictures, we have added a set of wings that were sanded with gain 1000 wet, and then polished slightly.
Manual/installation for the antenna wings: F3K Antenna mk1 Manual
In the box:
- 2 pcs – F3K Antenna wings mk1
- 1 pcs – Manual including signed test report from visual inspection during production
- Box size: 3 x 1.5 x 5 cm
- Box weight 10 g
- International shipping available (track and trace optional)
- Shipping within 5 days if item is on stock.
- Shipping time from 2 – 30 days depending on destination.